Building a disciplined exercise routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of working out itself is usually not enjoyable. We do it mostly for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be tough to get through the stress and pain of the actual exercises.
That’s why the majority of people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, usually by listening to music.
Music not only provides a diversion but also produces the motivation and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and suddenly you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be helpful for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning mood, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, strengthening both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a fitness partner instead?
Today’s hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and accentuate speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to maintain a discussion with your partner in a lively gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are worthwhile gym equipment, but you might be wary of potential damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant to dust and moisture to some degree, there are a number of accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Think about investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, protecting them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become inadvertently dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little care and planning, you can securely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more information about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!